|Linguine Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino, £0.42|
Day 3, no more pizza please! Welcome to my blog again. This is my third day of the Live Below the Line challenge, and everything goes well.
The only option I have is to eat carbs again, so I decided to opt for two very simple Italian dishes, pasta and bruschetta.
The good thing about Italian food is that you don't need many ingredients to prepare a decent meal, because it's very simple (and healthy too).
The only concern is that I am taking too many carbs, but I don't really have much choice...
LUNCH - Linguine Aglio, Olio and Peperoncino, £0.42
- Linguine pasta, 100g (£0.19)
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2tbsp (£0.11)
- Crushed chillies, 1tsp (£0.08)
- Garlic, 1 clove (£0.03)
- Salt (£0.01)
Bring a pot of water to the boil, adding a handful of salt. Add the pasta and cook until 'al dente'. In the meantime, in another pan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat. Add the garlic and the crushed chillies and saute for a couple of minutes or until the garlic is golden but not browned. Drain the linguine and toss everything together for a minute or so. Transfer to warm serving plates. Easy!
- Bread, 3 small slices (£0.15)
- Tomatoes, 3 small (£0.25)
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1tbsp (£0.05)
- Salt and pepper (£0.002)
This is so simple, that I would feel embarrassed to write instructions!
Let's try helping beating poverty, either:
- Joining the Live Below the Line campaign,
- or, donate for me! or for anyone else. To donate for me, please follow this link.