Saturday 16 January 2010

Sardinian Almond Meringues (Bianchini, Meringhe Sarde)


January is a depressing month for me, mainly because of the ‘self-imposed’ new year’s resolutions (losing weight is ‘obviously’ one of them!).
However I could not refrain myself from starting making sweets again, sorry! I have obviously promised myself to eat only one.. yes, only one.. of these nice, sweet, super-light meringues.
This is a Sardinian recipe, given to me by my mother in law.

Ingredients
  • Egg whites, 150g (3-4 days old)
  • White sugar, 300g
  • Toasted almond flakes, 100g
  • Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
  • Zest of a lemon
  • A pinch of salt

Method

Preheat the oven to 100° and set non-stick paper on 2 large baking sheets.
In a very clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt to soft peaks and gradually add the sugar until stiff.
Fold in the chopped almond flakes and the lemon zest, working with upward movements. The mixture is now ready to be piped onto the baking sheets.
Cook on a low shelf for 1 hour and and 20/30 minutes at 100°.
Leave to cool on the trays or a cooling rack.

Meringhe alle Mandorle (Bianchini)

Ingredienti
  • Albumi, 150g (meglio se di 3-4 giorni)
  • Zucchero, 300g
  • Mandore tostate in scaglie, 100g
  • Succo di limone, 2 cucchiai
  • Scorza grattugiata di un limone
  • Un pizzico di sale
Procedimento

Riscaldare il forno a 100° e preparare due placche su cui avrete steso della carta da forno. Versare gli albumi, il succo di limone ed un pizzico di sale in una ciotola molto pulita, che non abbia nessun residuo di grasso.
Con uno sbattitore montare gli albumi a neve, aggiungendo lo zucchero gradualmente. Quando il composto e’ ben fermo e compatto aggiungere le mandorle tostate e tagliuzzate e la scorza di limone grattugiata.
Con una sacca da pasticciere formare le meringhe sulle placche da forno e cuocere a 100° per un’ora e 20/30 minuti circa. Lasciare reffreddare.

Share it!

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter

17 comments:

  1. How can you eat only one of these gourges meringues??? When I did, I ate all!
    Kisses
    Stefania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the thing to bring you delight in your sea of healthy eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they definitely look too yummy to stop at one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone.. I lied.. I didn't resist and ate some... But how can I post a recipe without trying it! :-) That means I will never manage to lose weight :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Le meringhe son peggio delle ciliegie, non puoi fermarti dopo una: è proprio contro natura! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao
    mi piace molto il tuo blog, sto mettendo su un blog di esperienze di viaggi in Italia. Che ne diresti di scrivere un post sul perchè gli italiani e gli stranieri dovrebbero visitare il luogo in cui vivi?
    Puoi anche dare consigli su alloggi, case vacanze, hotel, ecc
    fammi sapere, magari sul mio blog perchè sto contattando diversi blogger. Ovviamente ci sarà un link al tuo blog con il tuo nome ;-)

    Grazie

    ReplyDelete
  7. a dimenticavo magari puoi dare consigli su dove mangiare, e cosa mangiare assolutamente...grazie e ancora complineti...vado a mangiare dopo aver visto il tuo blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure just one (or two) of these wouldn't hurt! I love what you do with food, don't stop. I have something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Sarah - Concordo! PS - i tuoi miciotti sono fantastici :-)

    @ Turista - Grazie mille, penso ad un post e ti faccio sapere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Marcellina - Thank you so much, grazie. I must try one of your recipes, they look gorgeous. Now that I found you, I will pass by your blog often. Ciao :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. che delizia... le merighe non sono affato semplici da fare... ma tu sei stata bravissima...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Il tuo blog è stata una grande bella scoperta...navigando navigando mi sono ritrovata immersa da ricette fantastiche e foto che parlano da sole e non potevo non diventare tua sostenitrice! Complimenti...se ti và vieni a sbirciare il mio di blog http://farinalievitoefantasia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Grazie Nanny, sei sempre tanto gentile :-)

    @ Ciao Ramona, grazie mille, faccio subito un giro sul tuo blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This blog is very very délicious ! ! !
    Miam miam ! ! !

    See u !...

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jeff, Merci beaucoup! I will have a look at your blog, but I will need to brush up my French first :-)

    ReplyDelete